On Wednesday, December 9th the Indiana Department of Health officially assigned Hancock County with RED status due to increasing COVID-19 numbers. While we are labeled a RED county by the Indiana Department of Health, the following restrictions will be in place.
- Home basketball and wrestling events will be limited to two parents or guardians (no siblings) of participating student-athletes (home and visiting), participating student-athletes, and essential personnel ONLY!
- Home swim meets will continue to be limited to one parent or guardian of home participating student-athletes. No visiting fans will be allowed.
- Cheer team will be limited to six members per night at basketball events. No visiting cheer teams will be permitted.
- Radio/TV personnel will be allowed with a skeleton crew when possible in order to provide live stream and commentary for events. Requests for broadcast crews should be made to the Athletic Department prior to the event.
- ALL out of season training sessions are postponed (this includes all conditioning and strength training as well as limited contact sessions).
- ALL youth practices are postponed. (Games played outside of GC facilities may continue.)
- Jr. High and High School practices and games will continue as permitted by the Hancock County Health Department and GCCSC.
We will re-evaluate each Wednesday and make decisions based on guidance from local and state health officials.