Greenfield-Central High School is seeking nominations for the 2018 – 2019 Athletic “Hall Of Fame”. The nominees may include former players, coaches, administrators, fans, volunteers, bus drivers…anyone who has made a significant contribution to the athletic program.
Nominees may come from any past Hancock County High School that fed into the present day Greenfield-Central High School. Nominations may be made by anyone. Nomination forms are available at the Greenfield-Central Athletic Office, the Greenfield-Central High School Administration Office, and the Greenfield-Central Website.
Inductees will have a picture-plaque mounted on the wall near the gym entrance, and they will also receive a commemorative plaque for themselves. This year’s induction ceremony will take place at halftime of the Men’s Varsity Basketball Game vs Shelbyville on January 19, 2019
Some of the criteria includes, but is not limited to:
- Nominees are eligible five years from graduation for all student-athletes, student trainers, and student-managers and two years after retirement or resignation for all teachers, coaches, administrators, etc.
- The nominees must exemplify outstanding character while representing Greenfield-Central (or one of its feeder schools) during their career and also during the time since graduation.
- The nominees must be positive role models for both present and future students.
- The nominees must have made a significant contribution(s) to or had an outstanding accomplishment(s) for the athletic program.
- Nominations of former Athletes: It is recommended that the athlete has competed or been recognized at the State level. Examples include but are not limited to: IHSAA Tournament Competition at the State level, being named an Indiana All-Star, and/or being named to an All-State Team.
- Nominations will be accepted by using the accompanying form only and are due in the G-C Athletic Office by no later than Sunday, December 9, 2018.
Please click on the link below to access the Hall Of Fame Nomination Form – due December 9th!