Parking at G-CHS
You are receiving this information as a result of some recent issues concerning parking in restricted areas at Greenfield-Central High School. All visitors to the high school are to park in a marked parking spot on our campus. There are almost 900 parking spaces available for use at any one time. There are also more than 20 handicapped accessible spots.
The concern that has been raised is that some of our patrons are parking in restricted areas. Those restricted areas include:
- Any grassy area on our property.
- Along the edge of any lot or drive on our property. Parking along the bollards is also restricted.
- The area around the buildings on the practice football fields, softball, baseball and the soccer fields.
- The asphalt walking paths are NOT to be used as vehicle access to specific areas on our campus.
- The concrete sidewalks on the north side of the pavilion.
- Any area marked with a ‘NO PARKING’ sign.
Parking in any of the restricted areas may prevent emergency vehicles for access an area in the event of an emergency. We have also had some near-miss accidents where cars are trying to exit and/or enter school property. We reserve the right to tow any vehicle left in a restricted area if the owner cannot be located.